Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Let the Renovations continue!

Well, it's been about 2 months since I posted but it's been for good reason....and noooo it's not because I'm with child or anything like that!  Wes and I have been working off our little butts on this new house that we bought.  I can't speak for Wes, but I am having a BLAST!  I am not sure I want re-doing things to come to an end because then I'm not sure what I will do with myself.  Here's the cold hard facts:

Walls painted: 35
Paint cans used: at least 12
Amount of new roller covers needed: 6 even after reusing them
Outlets and switches changed out: about 20
Pinterest projects completed: 4
Pinterest projects Wes wanted to complete: 0
Laminate wood flooring installed in: 5 rooms over 1000 square feet worth!
Garage floors painted: 1
Caving in brick patios repaired: 1
Leaves raked: a million
Times Wes army crawled through our crawlspace: 2
Times kids followed daddy into the crawlspace: 1
Weird things found in the house from previous owners: a full-size Hulk costume, a pack of smokes, all the kids trophies (which my kids love to pretend they earned), and a giant Hannah Montana poster.
How many walls Owen has drawn on since we moved in: at least 4

Whew, I'm sure I've forgotten something but that's the gist of it!  Here's some before and after pictures that I have been promising you but never delivering....sorry bout that!
Before: Living room
 
Add caption
After: Living room


This room is still the original color although it's hard to tell in this picture!  All we did was move furniture in and hang curtains and pictures.  In the corner is my stash of pictures that I haven't figured out where to hang yet.
Foyer: Before


Foyer: After




Laundry Room: Before



Laundry RoomAfter

 



Dining Room: Before

 



Dining Room: After  (my pictures aren't as good but you get the idea!)




  So, as you can see we replaced all the flooring in the kitchen, dining room, laundry room and foyer.  (Wes did!)  We painted all the walls and did a board and batten treatment in the dining room and entryway.  We chose cool colors for the house because even during the day there is not a lot of light that comes in due to the trees.  Hope you enjoyed the tour and can see why I haven't been blogging!  I hope to take more pictures some day and show you the rest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Stace! I'm so impressed. Looks great! - Erin

Anonymous said...

I HAVE thought of your blog, but just haven't checked it--afraid I wouldn't find a new entry. Now I realize how much time, AND energy--have been expended since I last checked! Donna and I need to check your place out again!! --Aunt Miriam