Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Home renovations!

First off, let me say thanks for the calls and comments about my last blog post!  I hate to be negative on the blog because then the next day when I'm feeling better, everyone else thinks I'm still depressed!  I'm doing much better.  At the end of last week, I got to go do some shopping with my sister without kids and then Friday came which has quickly become my favorite day of the week!  That's the day that Owen goes to his Mom's Day out program.  I have 4 hours with only one kid!  It's wonderful especially because the past two times Cameron has slept almost the whole time (from 9am-1pm)  Thanks buddy!


Here's a picture of the big boy going to what he thinks is preschool!

The huge thing going around this house has been renovation!  This house is perfect in size but not necessarily in the style we were going for.  Wes has been HARD at work on putting in new flooring since the beginning of August.  This was in the beginning stages of laying the floor.  You know it's bad when the friends that are helping you are standing inside where your flooring goes!!  All of the subfloor over by that patio door had to be replaced because it was rotted due to the leaking door.  It hadn't rained in forever but it rained about 2 days before this and we were so thankful because it showed us that there were two leaks instead of just one!!  We were so thankful that God showed us this before we put down our brandnew flooring.  



These are our trusty helpers (L-R) Alan, Wes' friend from childhood, Rod, Wes and my friend from church and work and Dusten, our friend from Anderson.


Here's what the kitchen looked like during the flooring party!  YIKES!  Now that it's all done in there, I'm pretty sure my blood pressure has gone down quite a bit.


While Wes was busy inside, I've been trying to increase the curb appeal on the outside.  I painted the exterior doors red instead of the boring beige they were and it has helped so much! 

 Add some plants, a bench and a pillow and you got yourself a cozy entrance!


I will show you the final flooring reveal once we get a few projects finished!  It looks goooooood!

4 comments:

Lucinda said...

I love your front door! I hope I get to see your house someday.

Dusten said...

I told Wes we'd bring a bucket of chicken from Lee's FR when the floor is finished and the boxes are unpacked! Let me know when you're inviting guests :)

Anonymous said...

Dusten, we have just the bathroom and laundry room left. Hopefully this weekend I'll at least get the bathroom going. -Wes

Anonymous said...

Glad to see [some of] what you've been doing! I like your front door area--bench, red and all. And glad you found (and hopefully corrected!) the leakS you found, before the new floor--what a job! Best wishes from Aunt Miriam