I can't make any promises that this blog will end up being right but as of today it looks like we will be moving to the farm for a little while. That's right, no word from the bank on the house in Brownsburg! I think it's been over 2 weeks since we got the elusive message that things are heading in the right direction and now nothing. Can you say frustrating? Annoying? We did get to see the house in Brownsburg a few weeks back and I am happy to say we still really like it! Sometimes when you see things again, you see things you aren't really thrilled about but we are still good to go. We haven't gotten to the point yet where we have had an inspection yet so I should put a big asterisk on this post and say "we will be moving to this house IF the inspection report comes back clear. Wes loves to scare me by playing the IF game. He will say "we will get the house IF it's not infested with termites, IF the foundation isn't crumbling, IF the house isn't haunted by vampires...(okay I made the last one up). Fun game huh?
I wish I could tell you that I have been cool, calm and not panicked about this time frame but I would be lying. Wes can attest to the fact that I had a mini meltdown when it came to the whole moving twice thing. He is very wise and told me that we are definitely not the first family to ever have to move twice and that we will just not worry about the cost so that we can save ourselves the stress! Ahhh...that really relieved a lot of stress! At a marriage conference we went to this weekend, we learned that a lot of times we think of the differences that our spouses have from us as negative things but actually a lot of times, where they are strong, we are weak and where we are weak, they are strong. That's exactly how I felt during my meltdown. Wes is usually the more anxious one (he would say this too) while I am the more laid back one. I just love how when the roles are reversed, we are still able to help build each other up!
All this being in limbo land has taken a toll on me. I can't stop eating! I am definitely stress-eating! I am about as high in the weight as I have ever been. Booooo! Doesn't my body know I just need a few more cookies but I don't really want the fat to stick around my gut? The only person who loves to hear that I'm gaining weight is little sister Lindsay. We have this friendly rivalry about who is skinnier. She has always been skinnier. I love to call her skinny with a J-Lo butt. Last May when is saw her, I was enjoying the benefits of breast-feeding Cameron and I was the skinniest I have been in years! We had a good time laughing as we compared our jiggly legs, bellys and arms in the mirror. I would say that I won that time but that I will definitely not win anymore. :( Wes came home yesterday and asked me where the snickerdoodles were that I had made the day before. I blamed it on the kids, but I think I ate 2/3's of them! Viva la cookie!
1 comment:
Cameron loves to eat everything he sees. If we don't separate him from the dining room table atmosphere, he'll continue to eat until he pops!
Post a Comment