Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ready for August to end

Wow, turning 30 has really slowed me down!! I have made exactly zero blog posts in the month of August until now. Maybe it's just birthday hangover. Yeah, I'm going to go with that. Well, let me catch you up on what we have been up to in the month of August:

Wonderful birthday: Wes took me out for dinner to Maggianos. Yes, we did have a coupon, but it was still romantic! And they have this deal that if you buy 1 of these certain entrees, they box up a second helping of it and send it home with you. It was lovely! We actually had so much that we were able to eat the leftovers as dinner with the kids later on. Then we went shopping at Babies R Us. I already know what you're going to say so save your breath....wow, we are party animals!! I know, I can't help it. I know how to have an awesome time.

Trip to California: Part of my 30th birthday was a special trip to California to rendevous with my two sisters and brother in law Gabe. Wes was the house-husband for 5 days while I lived it up with the girls. It was really fun and was a much needed break. Gabe and Lindsay pulled out all the stops, including taking us to Disney and Medevil Times (save your money!) all for free!! They have lots of friends in high places! Thanks to my wonderful husband for doing this for me. It was the best present ever!

The Summer break that never ends: I know there are some of you who are so sad to see summer break come to an end and to that I say: you obviously don't have a 4 year old. Just kidding. Okay, I'm not but I said that just so you wouldn't judge me. Seriously though, Preston wakes up in the morning and here's the conversation:

"What fun things are we going to do today? What's for breakfast? Can I have marshmallows for breakfast? Later, what will we have for lunch? You know I don't want fruit. No fruit for me. How soon after breakfast will you start lunch? Do I have to take a nap? I will not be tired so I defnitely don't need a nap? What will we do tonight when Dad gets home? Mom, where are you going? Mom? Mom? Mom? MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And this is just in the first 5 minutes he is awake. By the time Wes comes home, I have SQF (Severe Questioning Fatigue). He asks what's for dinner and I go ballistic. It's not pretty.

The Little ones Owen and Cam are enjoying themselves and seem to do well being at home. Cameron is almost sitting up on his own and loves being on his tummy so I don't think he will have too much trouble getting into crawling mode. Owen is talking up a storm. He has such a funny sense of humor and makes Wes, Preston and I laugh all the time. He relishes his "naughty persona."

Not much more to report on our end! Hope everyone's families are happy and healthy!

No comments: