Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Prayers for Chad Cook

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23


As most of you probably know, Wes' older brother Chad went to the hospital with what they believed to be a brain aneurysm. He came home from his teaching job yesterday complaining of a severe headache and back ache and then began vomiting. Wendy could tell from the second she got home that something wasn't right. She took him to the ER where they told them that they had picked up a brain aneurysm and bleeding on the brain. He was taken from Anderson by ambulance to Methodist hospital in downtown Indianapolis.

When he arrived they did a CAT scan but then they didn't read it until morning. From what I have gleaned from different reports, the brain aneurysm is not showing up but there is still bleeding on the the brain. Chad is still in intense pain. They are going to be taking him to get an angioplasty this morning and then to get corrective surgery. That is all we know at this point.

For as much as Facebook can be a time-waster, I am humbled today by how quickly they were able to get the word out and for believers to start sending prayers up to God. Chad and Wendy are part of an incredible church family in Anderson that I know they will rally around them with all of the support and love they could ever want. Chad and Wendy have 4 kids so I'm pretty sure they are going to need all the support they can get!

Chad is also a part of a loving family who, I'm pretty sure, would give their lives for him. I don't know what Chad's future holds but I do know that God is faithful as the verse above says. He has shown his love to the Cook family in the past and I know He is with them right now. Wes has been there all night as has his sister Amy, brother Adrian, parents Lynn and Ragena and multiple friends and relatives. Wendy was holding was together remarkably well last night when I went up to the hospital.

Please keep them in your prayers by name: Chad, his wife Wendy, Zion, Avery, Canon, and Gisele. I will keep this blog updated with whatever I hear!

No comments: