I know I have done a tribute to my mom on this blog, but I don't know if I have ever done a tribute to my dad on here!! Since he just celebrated his 59th birthday on the 5th of October, I thought it was high time I hopped to it...he may not have many years left. KIDDING!!! LOVE YOU DAD!!!If I had to sum up my dad in one word, it would be steady. Growing up, he blessed our family with his logical, level-headedness. He never flew off the handle or tried to stay distant from us. He was always there for us. I have such great memories of him sitting in our living room with the brown shag carpet just listening to music with his gigantic headphones on (you know the ones I'm talking about!!) and me going up and tapping him to get his attention. He was always ready to talk to me or answer my questions. And I had a lot of questions for him! He was my go-to guy when I had deep philisophical questions. He was just always there for me.
Another gift that he gave our family was his quiet example and humility. I didn't truly appreciate this growing up because I didn't really know what it was, but now that I'm out in the real world I realize what a big thing this was. He lived out his faith in such a way that he was respected by others around him. He didn't have to preach at anyone or get in anyone's face and condemn, he just led by example. He also set an example of reading the Bible. I would see him reading his Bible constantly. Never once did he try to make me feel guilty for not reading mine, he just kept doing what he knew what God wanted him to do. By not saying anything, he showed me that his faith was personal and real to him. What a great gift.
As Wes and I raise our boys, I hope we can do as good of a job living out our faith for our children. I know now that the impact of seeing a real, daily faith in God can be life-changing.
Thank you Dad for being a life-changing part of my life. You taught me so much and I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment