Sunday, December 4, 2011

We got it!

Great news!  We got word late this week that our bid for the farm was accepted from the bank!  We are so excited!!  I really feel like this will be a great place for our little Cook family to move to.  Wes is excited to finally be able to use his "farm truck."  In anticipation of buying a farm, he got a great deal on a used Dodge Dakota pick up truck that he has had fun working on.  I never thought of him as a truck guy but he looks pretty manly in it if I do say so myself!  But don't expect us to break out cowboy boots and hats or anything....

We haven't told the boys yet because 1. Owen won't understand.  2.  Preston is a huge blabber mouth!  I think once it gets closer to moving time, we will let them in on the secret.  Preston's best friend Kaleb thinks it's about time for us to get to that farm!  He keeps saying he wants to come and see our animals.  (I think he's going to be disappointed when he finds out we won't have any right away.) 

We are just so thankful to God that He has directed our paths this way.  You always hope that you are moving in the right direction but it's good to get a "divine head nod" that this is truly what you should be doing.  We also are aware that even deals like this can fall through so don't worry, we are keeping that in mind as well.

We have had our house up for sale by owner since we weren't really ready to move yet but this week we will be listing it with a realtor.  If you know of anyone whose looking in Noblesville, send them our direction!  It would be a great starter home for families!

So, just wanted to let you all in on the excitement we are feeling at this new step we will be taking.  I hope all of you will come by and visit us as well!  Wes and I want to throw a huge party at some point this summer where all of our friends are invited.  It will be a great ole ho-down!

3 comments:

Bethany Rielage said...

Congrats! I hope everything goes well for you guys, and we can't wait to come see it!

Melissa Wisley said...

YeeHaw! The Cooks are moving to the open country! You will love the Peace and Serenity you gain from being out of town. Love ya and so glad to hear of this news!

Dusten said...

Congratulations guys! Do you have to build a house before you move? Is there room for another farmhouse? We would only need about half an acre :)