The funny thing about my last post is that when I didn't write for a while, I kinda tricked you guys into thinking I've been shipped off to the funny farm! Well, thankfully, that hasn't happened. Yet. Thanks to everyone that commented on my last post as well! I really felt like a lot of you have been where I was at. Your comments made me laugh and realize that better days were ahead!
I am still here, happy and healthy! I had a rough December to say the least, but I feel like I am in a much better frame of mind starting out the new year. You know the thing that has helped me the most? Getting validation from people around me that I wasn't crazy!! My family came for the holidays and they all got to enjoy the "Owen experience." (Let me insert at this point that I LOVE this kid. I only make fun of his actions because I have been so unprepared for them!) By the end of our time in Memphis, Owen had my mom crying, my dad shaking his head and me saying "Finally, someone else sees what I'm dealing with!!" It was wonderful!
He will forever be responsible for any future gray hairs that pop out of my head.
But enough about him....let's talk about me.
This year is going to be a great one. I am going to make it that way if it kills me! Wes and I are going to be turning the big 3-0 this year! I can't believe that I am this old, but it helps that I still look like a freshman in college. I have so much to be happy for that 30 is going to be a time where I can thank God for all of His blessings. As my brother in law Chuck said over Christmas, "2011 is a year of overcoming!" I am going to make that my mantra as well.
Baby Cook is going to be here in 6 weeks! My anxiety has turned towards anticipation of his arrival. I have loved planning things for when he gets here. I have my house pretty much in order. (note I didn't say clean!) Another thing that has helped get me excited was seeing how active he's being inside of me! He is all over the place!! I love it! I think he's ready to come out now, but I think he needs some more time. We are going to be delivering at the same hospital that we had Owen at; Community North in Castleton. We had such a great experience last time that I'm hoping we can repeat it! His due date got moved from February 15th to the 14th, but I'm hoping he either comes before or after V-day and not on it! I don't want Wes to have any excuses why he can't take me out for Valentine's day!! ;)
I did tell my mom that she wasn't allowed to leave after visiting once the baby is born until I give her the okay. She could be here for months. Possibly years.
Hope you all had a happy New Years day!
2 comments:
Once Owen has a little brother, he'll probably stop screaming so much so that he doesn't come across as being the baby of the house!
Happy New Year to the Cooks. I just love to read your posts, Stacy! You make me laugh! You will look back on all of this some day and laugh, too. I know that is not helping you now, though. When your mom comes to help you, you may just have to hold her hostage until your dad retires or find him a job in Indy, which ever come first! You are a good mom, keep up the good work.
Post a Comment