I have been accused of being a little bit too positive........like Pollyanna. At first I was like "Hey!" but then as I thought about it, I figured there are worse things I could be accused of being like. In that same vein, I really have worked hard this past year to see God in all things. Which is funny because I used to tease my mom mercilessly about this and now I have become her.
She used to talk about all of these things going on and then always related them back to God somehow. It was like a gift she had. Whenever she would lose her keys, we would have to pray that she would find them and then we would have to pray again to thank God that she found them. "See, God is watching over us!" she would say. I remember thinking wasn't it God who allowed them to be missing in the first place?!
Well, God has really shown his blessing to us lately; in what may seem like insignificant ways to some people. To us though, it was huge. When we were down in Tampa, Sara and Chuck were getting rid of a bunch of furniture to make room for a new dining room table that Sara had been saving for. Wes and Chuck then came up with a great idea for us to get a trailor and we would take all of the furniture "off their hands." We inherited a sectional, a coffee table, a console table, a upright buffet, a dining room table and chairs and all new curtains. WOW!!
When we got home, I felt like I had a brand new house. It was someone else's stuff, but to me, it was like I had just taken it home from the showroom. I started thinking about how God takes care of us. We didn't need new stuff, but God allowed a way for us to have some new things. Things aren't all that matter, but I felt like God was showing that He not only wants us to be taken care of, He wants to shower us with love. To give us things we don't deserve.
I hope this doesn't seem like I'm bragging because I'm not trying to...I just wanted to share something special that happenned to us that reminded us that our Father is constantly watching over us and providing for us. Thanks also to Sara and Chuck!!

The new sectional. Owen loves the drawers since they house the remote controls.

Preston loves the drawers on this new piece because it is stuff from our junk drawer. I have caught him walking around recently with a few screwdrivers, some electrical tape and screws. "I'm fixing things!" he says as he rolls his eyes like he can't believe I'm so dense. He also came to me with a box cutter and asked how it worked. Sounds like it's time to put some child-proof things on those drawers!!

New Dining Table. Wes and I took an extra curtain panel that Sara gave us and cut it up and recovered the chairs. We expect they will stay clean for about 2 milliseconds. :)
5 comments:
Love the new furniture! It looks great, your house is so pretty!
Theresa Wrin
A red sectional?! And free at that?! I have blogged about this very thing. I am trying not to covet your couch:) Looks great! What a fun fun blessing to get!
Wow! Looks great! Love the chair recovering work.
I consider all my years of 4-H in the past to be benificial to my current upholstery skills, cake decorating, line dancing, sewing, and....oh wait...I've taken this too far.
GLAD YOU LIKE THE CHAIRS!
;)
beautiful!!
.... and as a side note-- i recently recovered our dining room chairs. eden and mckynze's chairs both have towels covering them. i'm just not ready for spaghetti stains yet :)
Post a Comment